.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

BACK TO BASICS

I've been looking through my photo archives for images that might be better off if they were simply b&w. I don't really know why I've suddenly been motivated to do this, but, anyway, here are some of what I've found so far.

In my opinion, b&w photography is actually a form of cheating. As I said in my basic photography class, it's hard to go wrong with this medium because everything looks instantly artsy and all you have to worry about when shooting is contrast. And, it almost always results in powerful images, because it's simplicity forces one to focus on the subject, not on the clutter that usually diminishes the impact of the said subject.

But enough ranting. Let's proceed with the cheating.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

*Click on an image to see its enlarged version.

2 Comments:

  • Hello Hans ;-)
    Whose eye is that?

    By Blogger ~LALA, at 5:39 PM  

  • Hello Lala! That's the eye of my cousin Jazz. She's cool and pretty and nice and she didn't get scared that i had this huge camera pointed so closely at her eye. And the silhouette reflected in her eye is me! We shot that in the beach so it was really bright and, uhm, reflective.

    By Blogger HANS V., at 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home